Friday, March 8, 2013

Good Management Practices

During my working life, and for about thirty years as a senior manager and consultant my "frame of mind" was mostly influenced by a single article in Harvard Business Review authored by Neil Churchill and Virginia Lewis.
(I was thrilled to have the opportunity of a face-to-face discussion with Neil back in 1996 at INSEAD, when I followed the Owners/Managers Programme).

Now in retirement, I am having a "paradigm shift", having come across the work of Nicholas Bloom and John Van Reenen (pdf) "Why Do Management Practices Differ across Firms and Countries?". (Journal of Economic Perspectives, Vol.24/1)

By way of recommendation to all management practitioners let me say that it would have been a challenge to use their framework and help a Greek firm raise its management score.

No comments:

Post a Comment